Team Prime Sports Düsseldorf
upcoming Bachelor of Arts in fitness training DHfPG, dual study at prime sports.
10 questions about fitness & sports with Pia, dual study at prime sports & upcoming B.A. of fitness training at DHfPG.
1. In the context of your childhood, can you think of a particular experience relating to sports?
Dancing has always been a passion of mine, which intensified my interest in trying out other types of sports.
2. Was there a significant point in your life, where you have started being involved in sports?
I started dancing when I was 3 and additionally followed my interests in other types of sports, e.g. track. Being active has always been something I enjoy.
3. Tell us about your favorite type of exercising.
My favorite type of sport would definitely have to be dancing which has, over the years, become a passion. Dancing, to me, is just connected with a lot of fun. However, since I am a very open-minded person, I do not mind giving new things a shot.
4. Which ways do you find most effective when it comes to motivating yourself?
I always tell myself that I have already come a long way from where I used to stand and that there is no reason to believe that I cannot achieve my current goals as long as I work hard enough.
5. Which fitness exercises do you currently enjoy most?
Since I love trying out new stuff and trying to master new challenges, Functional Training is the most effective way for me to exercise.
6. Tell us about your training schedule.
Dance practice takes place two times per week. During carnival season though, my dance team and I perform every weekend in and around Düsseldorf.
For balance purposes, I enjoy working out in the gym. I usually focus on Functional Training and exercises that involve my own body weight.
7. What does your diet look like?
I like to have lots of fruits and vegetables and focus on putting into my body what it needs in order to stay fit. This also means for me not completely cutting out specific foods, but rather eating what I feel like.
8. Do you have any advice for our readers?
Listen to your body, concerning both, working out and eating habits.
Do not hesitate to push yourself to the limits in order achieve your goals.
Do not let anybody tell you that you are not able to fulfill your goals/dreams.
9. Tell us about your job-related and sports-related objectives.
I want to finish college successfully and learn as much as I can.
Working-out wise I am aiming towards continual improvement and widening my horizon.
10. What is your personal motto?
When obstacles arise, change your direction to reach your goal. Never change your decision to get there!